Short-Term: Keep off the surface
How long should you wait?
After several hours the new sealcoat should look flat black in color. If it’s still shiny, you can pat it with a paper towel – if the towel remains clean, it’s dry. If there is any residue on the towel, wait a few hours and then retest.
No vehicle traffic for 24-48 hours
No sprinklers for 24 hours
Long Term: Making your sealcoat last
- Avoid heavy equipment and construction activities.
- Do not use heavy/aggressive metal equipment for snow removal – use rubber blades on snow plows that are properly adjusted.
- Keep pavement clean from dirt and gravel.
- Maintain good water drainage from surface
- Keep vehicle fluids and chemicals from contracting sealcoat/asphalt
- Avoid excessive heat from engines & fires.